Pediatric Care and Support for Children Living with HIV in Saskatchewan
In the hopes of further educating health and allied health professionals who may work with children living with HIV, the review summarized the issues and challenges commonly faced by children living with HIV, along with their care and support needs. Read “Treatment and Care Issues Specific to Adolescents Living with HIV” (Resource 7-520), this is a review supplement for this report.
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support
Learning about My Body: Birth to Two Years of Age
Parents are the most important influence in a child’s life. Children learn about culture, spiritual beliefs, moral values, and social skills from their parents. Parents also play a crucial role in the physical, mental, emotional as well as sexual health development of their children.
This book has been developed to support parents as their children’s sexual health educators. In particular, this book is meant to help parents share important messages with their children on growth and development.This book is available for loan through all Saskatchewan Public Libraries.SKU: 7-209
This video will help students start to discuss the decisions involved in having sex for the first time, including birth control, condoms, abuse, consent, sexually transmitted infections (STIs), and more. Discussion questions for instructors are also included. The video is fast-paced, with quick interview clips.SKU: 7-V-720