Pregnancy and HIV: Promoting Healthy Motherhood and Conception
To promote further awareness of pregnancy and HIV in Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute in collaboration with Continuing Nursing Education, College of Nursing, University of Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan Ministry of Education; and Saskatchewan Ministry of Health presented a satellite broadcast presentation entitled “Pregnancy and HIV: Promoting Healthy Motherhood and Conception” on March 8, 2012. The key objectives for this presentation are to introduce the clinical and social issues related to pregnancy, pregnancy planning, conception, and motherhood for people living with HIV and their partners.
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Youth Sexual Health
Information Card, 2017
This information card provides Saskatchewan-specific contacts for youth to access free, anonymous, and confidential sexual and reproductive health services via telephone and/or the Internet. These wallet-size cards are packaged in multiples of 90.SKU: 7-015
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support