Pregnancy and HIV: Promoting Healthy Motherhood and Conception
To promote further awareness of pregnancy and HIV in Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute in collaboration with Continuing Nursing Education, College of Nursing, University of Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan Ministry of Education; and Saskatchewan Ministry of Health presented a satellite broadcast presentation entitled “Pregnancy and HIV: Promoting Healthy Motherhood and Conception” on March 8, 2012. The key objectives for this presentation are to introduce the clinical and social issues related to pregnancy, pregnancy planning, conception, and motherhood for people living with HIV and their partners.
Messages for Parents: Five to Eight Years
Information Card, Revised 2019
This information card has been developed to support parents in their role as the primary sexual health educators of their children.
It is important that parents engage their children in sexual health discussion at an early age, beginning with teaching the proper terminology of body parts. Early introduction of the topic increases the confidence and comfort of both the parents and children to talk about sexual health at later years.SKU: 7-206
KIS-SK (Keep It Safe Saskatchewan) Smart Phone App
Information Card, 2017
To help enable individuals to make healthy choices and informed decisions regarding their personal reproductive health, the Prevention Institute has created a smart phone app, Keep it Safe Saskatchewan (KIS-SK), focused on contraceptives and STIs.
The app allows users to:
- Find free contraceptives and sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing sites in Saskatchewan
- Set reminders for taking contraceptives or booking health appointments
- Learn about contraceptives and STIs
- View helpful videos about using contraceptives
Information cards providing information about the app are available for download or order.SKU: 7-013
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 2: Labor & Birth
This video empowers pregnant teens by exploring the choices they have for labor and birth. Through the real-life experiences of five pregnant teens, viewers learn about the anatomy of a pregnancy, different phases of labor, natural comfort techniques, and medical procedures.
- Anatomy & Birth – 3D anatomy of a pregnancy, labor signs, labor support, positions for labor, natural labor techniques
- Medical Procedures – induction, analgesics, epidural, cesarean
- Newborns – appearance, skin-to-skin contact, rooming-in, colostrum, lactation support