Pregnancy and HIV: Promoting Healthy Motherhood and Conception
To promote further awareness of pregnancy and HIV in Saskatchewan, the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute in collaboration with Continuing Nursing Education, College of Nursing, University of Saskatchewan; Saskatchewan Ministry of Education; and Saskatchewan Ministry of Health presented a satellite broadcast presentation entitled “Pregnancy and HIV: Promoting Healthy Motherhood and Conception” on March 8, 2012. The key objectives for this presentation are to introduce the clinical and social issues related to pregnancy, pregnancy planning, conception, and motherhood for people living with HIV and their partners.
Learning about My Body: Two to Five Years of Age
Parents are the most important influence in a child’s life. Children learn about culture, spiritual beliefs, moral values, and social skills from their parents. Parents also play a crucial role in the physical, mental, emotional as well as sexual health development of their children.
This book has been developed to support parents as their children’s sexual health educators. In particular, this book is meant to help parents share important messages with their children on growth and development.This book is available for loan through all Saskatchewan Public Libraries.SKU: 7-210
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options