The ABCs of STIs
Young people and a specialist in teen sexual health describe the causes, symptoms, and treatment options for HIV, chlamydia, HPV, genital warts, gonorrhea, and more using current medical data and best practices. Nonjudgemental prevention methods and precautions are presented to help viewers learn how to avoid being infected and keep their bodies healthy.
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Are You Positive You’re Negative? Protect Yourself and Others. Get Tested.
Rates of adolescent pregnancy and STIs in Saskatchewan are among the highest in Canada. The number of individuals testing positive for HIV in Saskatchewan is almost twice the Canadian average. These high rates are of concern because adolescent pregnancy is associated with poorer outcomes for the mom and the baby. Likewise, if STIs and HIV are not treated, they can cause serious health issues for males, females, and unborn babies. Adolescent pregnancy, STIs, and HIV can be prevented with proper contraception use, testing, and treatment.
This poster was created to promote further awareness of the need for STI and HIV testing in Saskatchewan and to highlight the importance of contraceptive use.SKU: 7-016
How to End Unhealthy Relationships
This program offers adolescents insight on how to honestly assess the health of relationships, particularly romantic relationships and intense friendships, and presents concrete steps to help viewers end unhealthy relationships. Adolescents share their experiences, covering a broad spectrum of unhealthy relationships, from a once good friendship that has gone bad to a romantic relationship that has become abusive. Includes a pdf copy of a teacher’s resource book.Audience: Grade 7-Post SecondarySKU: 7-V-701