Treatment and Care Issues Specific to Adolescents Living with HIV
This review is a supplement to “Pediatric Care and Support for Children Living with HIV in Saskatchewan” (Resource 7-519). Information is provided on common issues facing adolescents who were perinatally infected with HIV.
KIS-SK (Keep It Safe Saskatchewan) Smart Phone App
Information Card, 2017
To help enable individuals to make healthy choices and informed decisions regarding their personal reproductive health, the Prevention Institute has created a smart phone app, Keep it Safe Saskatchewan (KIS-SK), focused on contraceptives and STIs.
The app allows users to:
- Find free contraceptives and sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing sites in Saskatchewan
- Set reminders for taking contraceptives or booking health appointments
- Learn about contraceptives and STIs
- View helpful videos about using contraceptives
Information cards providing information about the app are available for download or order.SKU: 7-013
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Sexually Transmitted Infections: What You Need to Know
Saskatchewan has high rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If STIs are not treated, they can cause serious health issues for males, females, and unborn babies. This booklet is designed for use with youth. It provides information about nine different STIs including possible symptoms, how they are spread, how to get tested, and what happens if they are not treated. Information about the impact of STIs on fertility, pregnancy, and newborn babies is also shared.SKU: 7-017
Sexual Development Flip Chart and Notes
Flip Chart, 2018
This flip chart includes nurse’s notes for age groups birth to 2 years, 2-5 years, 5-8 years, 9-12 years, and 13-16 years. It has been developed to support health professionals in their support of parents as the primary sexual health educators of their children.SKU: 7-203