Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an effective way of talking with people about CHANGE. This training is for individuals who have taken an Introductory MI training and would like to deepen and strengthen their MI skills.
This online interactive workshop includes the following objectives:
- Review and discuss content covered in Introductory MI.
- Discuss the spirit of MI.
- Practice using OARS strategically, directing clients toward change.
- Discuss and practice the more advanced techniques of MI.
- Demonstrate ability to recognize readiness for change and evoke and reinforce change talk.
- Make and submit an audio recording of a short MI session and receive individual feedback.
The course facilitators are members of the Saskatchewan MI Trainers’ Group. This highly trained group of professionals help the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute to deliver Motivational Interviewing training throughout Saskatchewan.
Registration fee $50.
Prerequisite: Introductory MI Certificate through the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute or other organization. Please provide the certificate or other confirmation document that you participated in the training.
Registration must be received by November 03, 2023.
Participants need to attend all four sessions to receive a certificate.