A Teratogen is NOT a Dinosaur
This poster describes alcohol as a teratogen that can cause birth defects.
Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol
Guide and Manual, 2016
This manual provides guidance on delivering ‘Hammered: A Sober Look at Youth and Alcohol’ by:
- providing evidence to support the topics being introduced,
- increasing ability to engage youth in activities and discussions related to alcohol-related harms, and
- increasing knowledge of the risks associated with alcohol use, including FASD.
Additionally, it assists in creating opportunities for Saskatchewan youth to:
- think about their own experiences with alcohol,
- discuss their attitudes and beliefs about alcohol,
- talk about the impacts of alcohol personally and in their communities, and 4) receive evidence-based information to help them make informed decisions regarding their alcohol use.
This Is Why I Supported Her Not to Drink
This poster is aimed at fathers and fathers-to-be, suggesting they support their partners to avoid alcohol during pregnancy in order to prevent Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder.SKU: 3-060
Hammered: After Party
Hammered: After Party is a magazine that was created by young artists and others who are interested in preventing alcohol-related harms.
What’s Inside? Creative works which reveal the thoughts and opinions of young people about alcohol; interviews with young artists and people affected by alcohol (e.g., a young man living with an alcohol addiction, a young woman living with an FASD, a mental health and addictions worker); and articles on how alcohol works, youth engagement, and FASD.
Hammered: After Party was developed as part of the Youth Action for Prevention, a youth-focused FASD prevention program. The articles and art in this magazine can be used to start conversations about the role of alcohol in the lives of young people and society. From these conversations, youth and communities can find ways to work together to address alcohol-related harms, support informed dialogue on alcohol use, and create positive change in these areas.
FASD Awareness Day Package
This package includes background information on FASD Awareness Day and suggestions for activities. It also includes a planning and reporting form to track activities.