Youth and Sexting Information Sheet
Fact Sheet, 2022
As technology continues to develop and grow more popular, sexting has become more common among youth. This information sheet provides educators and caregivers a quick overview of sexting and offers recommendations for ways to reduce associated risks for youth who decide to participate in sexting.
Sexually Transmitted Infections: What You Need to Know
Booklet, Revised 2021
Saskatchewan has high rates of sexually transmitted infections (STIs). If STIs are not treated, they can cause serious health issues for males, females, and unborn babies. This booklet is designed for use with youth. It provides information about nine different STIs including possible symptoms, how they are spread, how to get tested, and what happens if they are not treated. Information about the impact of STIs on fertility, pregnancy, and newborn babies is also shared.SKU: 7-017
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 1: Pregnancy
Hosted by an empathetic and positive young woman, viewers get the straight story as they follow six teens who share their personal pregnancy experiences. Watch how teens cope with their changing life and take the necessary steps to ensure a healthy pregnancy, birth, and baby.
- Prenatal Care & Nutrition – telling someone you’re pregnant, prenatal visits, nutrition, weight gain, warning signs
- Protecting Your Baby – avoiding harmful substances
- Physical & Emotional Changes – exercise, dental health, sleep, premature labour signs, emotional changes, relationship abuse
- Getting Support – friends and family, staying in school, alternative education options
Healthy Steps for Teen Parents, 2nd Edition, Volume 3: Postpartum
This video presents information about postpartum care, newborns, and an array of teen parenting challenges and joys. New teen parents candidly share personal stories about the realities of healing physically after birth, breastfeeding, and choosing child care.
- Physical Recovery & Postpartum Emotions – healing process, signs of infection, nutrition, rest, exercise, baby blues, signs of postpartum depression
- Baby Care & Behaviours – well-baby visits, feeding, sleeping, crying, bathing, diapering, when to call the doctor, SIDS, second-hand smoke, abusive head trauma (shaken baby syndrome), newborn senses
- Relationships & Parenting – establishing paternity, co-parenting, birth control, positive relationships, living situations, friend and family support, finishing school, child care options
Sexually Transmitted Infections: Are You Positive You’re Negative?
This brochure, designed for use with youth, explains what sexually transmitted infections (STIs) are, how to avoid STIs, and how to find out if you have an STI. It also includes information about the effects of STIs on fertility, pregnancies, and newborn babies.SKU: 7-002