Online Advance MI training, the course includes six sessions every Friday 9-11:30 a.m. on Nov 5,12, 19, 26 & Dec 03, 10. Individuals registering for the training are required to attend all the sessions to receive the certificate.
Prerequisite: Introductory MI Certificate through the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute
Motivational Interviewing (MI) is an effective way of talking with people about CHANGE. You have taken an Introductory MI training and now you would like to deepen and strengthen your MI skills.
- Review and discuss content covered in Introductory MI
- Discuss the spirit of MI
- Practice using OARS strategically, directing clients toward change
- Discuss and practice the more advanced techniques of MI
- Demonstrate ability to recognize readiness for change and evoke and reinforce change talk
- Make and submit an audio recording of a short MI session and receive individual feedback
Your facilitators are members of the Saskatchewan MI Trainers’ Group. This highly trained group of professionals help the Saskatchewan Prevention Institute to deliver Motivational Interviewing training throughout Saskatchewan.